Info to help plan your day at the annual gathering
Parking & Check-in
You will be able to park and check in at Central Baptist Church (16 Elm Street, Westerly), beginning at 8:00 a.m. Light refreshments will be available during the check-in period. Space for all the day’s events are fully accessible.
At 9:00 a.m., we will gather in Central Baptist's sanctuary for a welcome, announcements, prayer, and music.
Two sessions of workshop options will round out the morning. The workshops will be held at both of the host churches, and vans will be available to assist with transportation.
Session One Options (9:30-10:30 a.m.)
- Be an Influencer for the Kids in Your Life: Discover how parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, and other caring adults can play an important discipleship role in forming faith in the children around them. George & Kathy Barclay, Norwood Baptist Church
- Loss Comes in All Shapes & Sizes: Explore the various losses that we face in our lives and how we can take care of ourselves and others. Kathryn Palen, ABCORI staff
- A Deeper Look into ABCORI’s Financial Situation: Take a deeper look into ABCORI’s current financial situation and challenges ahead of the afternoon’s annual business meeting. Members of ABCORI’s Board of Ministries
- Ministry Beyond the Walls (this workshop is full): Learn about how two ABCORI congregations have discovered new opportunities for ministry by stepping outside the walls of their church buildings. Representatives from Greenville Baptist Church & Warwick Central Baptist Church
- Bible Study: Explore the familiar passage of Ecclesiastes 3 in this interactive study, and consider how it may speak to you in this season of your life. Delphain Demosthenes, Memorial Baptist Church
- Church Administration 101: Learn key legal and financial details that churches need to keep track of and discuss your own questions about church business. Michael Cunningham, ABCORI staff
Lunch will be served at Central Baptist, beginning at 12:15 p.m. Several affiliated organizations will hold their annual meetings during this period.
Annual Business Meeting
ABCORI's annual business meeting is scheduled to take place in Central Baptist's sanctuary from 1:45-3:15 p.m.
The day will conclude with a worship service at 3:30 p.m.